|10 am||6 to 7 hours Hours|
A minimum of 3 guests are required to book this tour.
What To Bring:
- Hiking boots or sturdy shoes. Early and late season hikes may be wet and could even have snow in shaded locations
- Small backpack - large enough to carry all the things!
- Water - minimum 1.5 litres
- An extra warm layer - it can be cool up high in the mountains and its is nice to have a layer for when we stop for a break or lunch
- Sunscreen & Sunglasses
- Buff or bandana for the SxS ride
- Camera - don’t forget this!
- Camera (recommended)
- Light backpack (optional)
- Binoculars (optional)
- Personal daily medications (if required) – please let us know of any allergies or medical conditions that you may require assistance with.
An ultimate combination of adventures | For our Summits and Side-by-Sides (SxS) Tour, we partnered with Invermere’s Playwest Mountain Experience to offer a professionally guided alpine hiking experience paired with our side-by-sides to access the high elevation terrain and spectacular views – without hiking for hours to get above the treeline!
Duration: Up to 6-7 hours
Side-by-Side Elevation Gain/Loss: 1,220 m/ 4,000 ft
Hiking Elevation Gain/Loss: 400 m/ 1,312 ft
Hiking Distance: 6 km
Hiking Difficulty: Moderate
Travel approximately 13 km from our base operation beside Toby Creek in Panorama, BC, to our alpine Paradise Cabin by side-by-side. Enjoy a quick stop at our hidden Marmot waterfall mid-mountain, then visit the remnants of the old historic silver mine site.
Once at the cabin, the hiking tour starts – Gain Paradise Ridge and enjoy majestic views of the Purcells and the Canadian Rockies in the distance. After approximately 2 hours of hiking, you will arrive at the summit and enjoy a freshly made lunch supplied by our friends at Kootenay Coffee Works. After lunch and all the pictures are taken, retrace your tracks to the Paradise Cabin and make your way down the mountain by side-by-side.
Note: This combination tour provides a unique way to get amongst the golden-coloured larches during their vibrant colour change in mid-September!