Important Info For Snowmobile Trips
The following information applies to all snowmobile tours.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
1. Arrive on time to register, meet your guide, get the necessary gear, and not delay the trip for the other guests in your group.
2. Arrive ready to go dressed warmly in your ski/winter clothing – dress the same as you would for a day of skiing, snowboarding or any other outdoor activity. If you tend to get cold easily, we recommend you wear an extra layer.
3. Read and sign your online digital waiver before arriving for your tour.
Booking: During most weekends and holidays, all our snowmobiles are booked. So, book early to avoid disappointment. You can book online using the book now button above or call our office. If you book within 48 hours, please contact us to ensure availability. We typically respond to phone calls from 8 am to 7 pm – if you do not reach us, please leave a message, and we will return your call as soon as possible.
Prices: All pricing is in Canadian dollars. We accept payment by cash, INTERAC® and major credit cards. All pricing is subject to applicable government taxes. Gratuities are not included.
Waiver / Release of Liability & Assumption of Risk Agreement: A standard Waiver / Release of Liability & Assumption of Risk Agreement is required for all participants. A parent or guardian must complete a liability release for persons under 19.
Tour Itinerary Changes: The safety of our guests and staff is our priority. For this reason, the tour itinerary may change due to snow cover, weather, group abilities or other unforeseen circumstances. We make every effort to avoid any such changes wherever possible.
Location: Our home base of operations is 1 km before Panorama Mountain Village at 2213 Toby Creek Road. For detailed location information, maps and directions, please go here.
Arrival / Pick-up Time: If you are travelling by private vehicle, please arrive at our base location at the scheduled arrival time for your tour to complete registration and obtain the required clothing and equipment. Please be prompt so as not to delay the departure of your tour and cause inconvenience to other guests. If you are booked on our Banff Shuttle, please be ready to go at the appointed time and let us know if you have any delays or changes of plans.
- Driver: 16 years – a provincial driver’s license is not required
- Passenger: 5 years old
- Minor collision insurance for your snowmobile, covering up to $500 in incidental damages
- BBQ Lunch (Paradise Basin Tour Only) – Vegetarian meals are available upon request
- Snack Hot drinks, water & cookies – Paradise Basin and Paradise Mine Tours Only
- DOT certified snowmobile helmets – wearing a DOT helmet is mandatory on all of our snowmobile tours
- Professional guide
- Fuel & oil
- BC government levy
- Trail pass – where required with PowderX Tours
What to bring:
- Warm Winter Gloves
- Layered clothing – whatever you wear for skiing or snowboarding is generally suitable – If needed, we have snowmobile suits for rent.
- Goggles – your skiing and snowboarding goggles are ideal. If needed, we provide goggles at no charge.
- Personal daily medications (if required) – please let us know of any allergies or medical conditions that you may need assistance with.
Snowmobile Suits & Boots: If you do not have any winter clothing, we provide snowmobile boots. We also have snowmobile suits available for rent – $20.
Safety: For everyone’s safety, please listen to and follow your guide’s instructions at all times.
Medical Conditions: Persons with back injuries, recent surgery, or are pregnant are not recommended to participate in our tours. Please contact us if you have any questions.
- Snowmobile Insurance – Our tour pricing includes minor collision insurance for up to $500 in incidental damages to your machine. The minor collision insurance includes the cost of minor scrapes, dents and breakages. Please note that damage to your machine above $500 is not covered, so please heed the advice and instructions of your guide to ensure a safe trip.
- Personal Medical and Trip Cancellation Insurance – For personal medical and trip insurance, we have partnered with Lifestyle Travel Insurance Services for optional personal medical and trip cancellation insurance packages.
Security Deposit: We require a signed credit card authorization form per machine or group. Please note: We do not charge your credit card for a deposit but hold the signed authorization form for security.
Payment and Cancellation Policy: Full payment is required to secure your place at the time of booking. We require 48 hrs notice of cancellation for a refund. Late cancellations are subject to a 100% cancellation fee. Groups of 10 or more must give 14 days’ notice or are subject to full payment for no-shows. Our cancellation deadlines are applied to enable us to schedule guides and machines.
Walk-In Guests: We try to accommodate walk-in guests, but we cannot guarantee last-minute space availability on any of our tours. It’s best to call or book ahead to avoid disappointment.
Cellphones: We have cellphone coverage at points along the trail and the cabin. We ask for the experience and enjoyment of all guests; please keep cellphone use to a minimum during the tour. You are, of course, welcome to use the camera function often; however, if you are a driver, please do not attempt to drive your snowmobile and use your camera or phone at the same time.
Smoking: We respectfully request that you not smoke while wearing one of our helmets – please remove the helmet to smoke. Please also ensure all cigarette butts are discarded safely in the fireplace at the cabin or in an appropriate receptacle.
Backpacks & Camera Bags: Your snowmobile can accommodate small backpacks and camera bags. We are happy to provide straps and bungees to secure your bag to the carrier. Alternatively, you or your passenger can wear a backpack while riding. Please ensure all zips, straps and flaps are secured when your snowmobile is in motion.
Photography: We make many stops to take in the view. You are welcome to bring your camera and use it often to record your snowmobile adventure. Please do not hesitate to ask your guide to take group or family photos – we are happy to oblige.
We also love to see your photos, so please don’t hesitate to share them on our Facebook page. Or tag us on Instagram | @TobyCreekAdv #TobyCreekAdventures