Important Info For Snowmobile Trips
The following information applies to all snowmobile tours. Please contact us if you have any questions!
We are here to make your trip exceptional!
Tips To Get The Best From Your Day:
1. Please arrive on time to register, meet your guide, get the necessary gear, and not delay the trip for the other guests in your group.
2. Please arrive prepared and ready to go – dress warmly in your ski/winter clothing (same as you would for a day of skiing or snowboarding).
3. To save time at registration, have your waivers, payments and credit card imprints done before arrival.
Booking: We have many days when all machines are booked. So book early to avoid disappointment! You can book your tour online using the book now button above or call our office. If you intend to book with less than 48 hours notice, please contact us to ensure availability. We typically respond to phone calls from 8 am to 7 pm – if you do not reach us, please leave a message, and we will return your call as soon as possible.
Prices: All pricing is in Canadian dollars. We accept payment by cash, INTERAC® direct debit and email transfers at no charge. We also accept major credit cards; a 3% surcharge applies. All pricing is subject to applicable government taxes. Gratuities are not included.
- Driver: 16 years
- Passenger: 5 years old
Tour Itinerary Changes: The safety of our guests and staff is our priority. For this reason, the tour itinerary may be subject to change due to snow cover, weather, group abilities or other unforeseen circumstances. We make every effort to avoid any such changes wherever possible.
Walk-In Guests: We try to accommodate walk-in guests, but we cannot guarantee last-minute space availability on any of our tours. It’s best to call or book ahead to avoid disappointment.
Arrival / Pick-up Time: If you are travelling by private vehicle, please arrive at our base location at the scheduled arrival time for your tour to complete registration and obtain the required clothing and equipment. Please be prompt so as not to delay the departure of your tour and cause inconvenience to other guests. If you are booked for a Banff pick-up, please be ready to go at the appointed time and let us know if you have any delays or changes of plans.
Location: Our home base of operations is 1 km before Panorama Mountain Village on Toby Creek Road. For detailed location information, maps and directions, please go here.
- BBQ Lunch (Paradise Basin Tour Only) – Vegetarian meals are available upon request
- Hot drinks, water & cookies (Paradise Basin and Paradise Mine Tours Only)
- DOT certified snowmobile helmets
- Snowmobile rental
- Professional, qualified and experienced interpretive guide
- Fuel & oil
- BC government levy
- Trail pass fee
What to bring:
- Winter Gloves
- Layered clothing – whatever you wear for skiing or snowboarding is generally suitable – If needed, we have snowmobile suits for rent.
- Goggles – your skiing and snowboarding goggles are ideal. If needed, we provide goggles at no charge.
- Light backpack (optional)
- Camera (optional)
- Binoculars (optional)
- Personal daily medications (if required) – please let us know of any allergies or medical conditions that you may need assistance with.
Snowmobile Suits & Boots: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we recommend you to come dressed in suitable winter gear – ski or snowboarding clothing, including goggles – is ideal for snowmobiling. If you do not have any appropriate clothing, we have suits, boots and goggles available. However, due to the extra sanitization required due to COVID-19, there is a $20 rental charge for our snowmobile suits.
Safety: For everyone’s safety, please listen to and follow your guide’s instructions at all times.
Medical Conditions: Persons with back injuries, recent surgery, or are pregnant are not recommended to participate in our tours. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Waiver / Release of Liability & Assumption of Risk Agreement: A standard Waiver / Release of Liability & Assumption of Risk Agreement is required for all participants. A parent or guardian must complete a liability release for persons under 19 years of age.
- We offer an optional insurance package to cover minor damages to a machine. The cost is $25 per machine, providing $500 coverage for accidental damages. This insurance option is offered to protect the driver from the cost of minor scrapes, dents and breakages. Please note that damage above $500 is not covered, so please heed the advice and instructions of your guide to ensure a safe trip.
- We have partnered with Lifestyle Financial Services to offer our guests an optional trip cancellation and medical insurance package.
Security Deposit: A security deposit by signed credit card slip or $1200 cash is required for each machine. The credit card slip is destroyed, or the security deposit is fully refundable upon the return of an undamaged machine. Please note that we do not charge your credit card for the deposit but hold the signed imprint for security.
Payment and Cancellation Policy: Full payment is required to secure your place at the time of booking. We require 48 hrs notice of cancellation for a refund. Late cancellations are subject to a 100% cancellation fee. Groups of 10 or more must give 14 days’ notice or are subject to full payment for no-shows. Our cancellation deadlines are applied to enable us to schedule guides and machines.
Cellphones: We have cellphone coverage at points along the trail and the cabin. We ask for the experience and enjoyment of all guests; please keep cellphone use to a minimum during the tour. You are, of course, welcome to use the camera function often; however, if you are a driver, please do not attempt to drive your snowmobile and use your camera or phone at the same time.
Smoking: We respectfully request that you not smoke while wearing one of our helmets – please remove the helmet to smoke. Please also ensure all cigarette butts are discarded safely in the fireplace at the cabin or in an appropriate receptacle.
Backpacks & Camera Bags: Your snowmobile can accommodate small backpacks and camera bags. We are happy to provide straps and bungees to secure your bag to the carrier. Alternatively, you or your passenger can wear a backpack while riding. Please ensure all zips, straps and flaps are secured when your snowmobile is in motion.
Photography: We make many stops to take in the view. You are welcome to bring your camera and use it often to record your snowmobile adventure. Please do not hesitate to ask your guide to take group or family photos – we are happy to oblige. We also love to see your photos, so please don’t hesitate to post them on our Facebook page. #tobycreekadventures