Job Posting: Snowmobile / ATV Guide
Toby Creek Adventures is currently hiring full-time and part-time Guides – ATV for summer and snowmobile for winter. The successful applicant will possess and demonstrate exceptional ability to safely guide interpretive tours and operate equipment in back-country settings.
- Lead and instruct groups of guests with variable experience.
- Provide an entertaining, interpretive and fun guest experience while ensuring guest safety at all times.
- Pre-trip inspections of machines, rectify issues or notify workshop.
- Post-trip inspections of machines, washing and fueling.
- Assist with trail maintenance.
- Assist with disabled machine recovery
- 80-hour OFA or Wilderness First Aid Course
- Demonstrated back-country experience and leadership skills
- Avalanche Operations Level 1 – professional level (CAA) (for snowmobile guide)
- Mechanical aptitude
- Class 4 driver’s licence is an asset.
- Previous front-line tourism recreation experience
- Outdoor tourism, science or related degree/diploma preferred.
- Knowledge of local history, indigenous culture, geography, weather, wildlife and ecosystems is preffered.
- Self-starter, well-organized and independently motivated.
- Upbeat, high-energy, enthusiastic and engaged.
- Works well with others and supports the team efforts to get the job done.
- Accepts and overcomes challenges.
- Must have a passion for the outdoors. Willing to work outside for extended periods in all weather – both summer and winter.
- Strong commitment to service excellence and an outstanding guest experience.
Start Date: Immediately or as soon as mutually convenient
Remuneration: Hourly Wage – To be determined based on qualifications & experience of the successful applicant. Benefits package available after qualifying period.