Job Posting: Mechanic – Snowmobile / ATV
Toby Creek Adventures is currently accepting applications for the position of Snowmobile & ATV Mechanic. The person we are looking for is a motivated self-starter who is able to prioritize tasks and requirements under sometimes demanding circumstances. We provide a fully equipped, heated workshop, but you will also need to be comfortable working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions. Your ability to solve problems quickly and act as a valued professional resource within a team environment will be a major asset.
- Ensure all workshop operations meet industry safety standards and workplace safety regulations.
- Maintenance and repair of our fleet of snowmobiles, ATVs and UTVs, as well as trailers, vehicles, bus, and snow groomers.
- Ordering parts, submitting Purchase Orders (POs), receiving deliveries and recording items into and out of inventory.
- Coordinate fleet requirements and ensure prompt turnaround to meet booking and operations requirements.
- Assess and document damages and provide a cost estimate
- Provide support to guides, deliver machine replacements promptly on trail as needed and conduct machine recovery
- Maintain a clean, well-organized and safe workshop.
- Assist with building maintenance tasks and projects
- Assist administration, front-office and operations teams as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Trade qualification in Mechanical Repair & Maintenance
- ATV and/or snowmobile small engine experience preferred.
- Familiar with Windows-based computer systems – able to use MS Word, Excel & Email
- Customer service experience.
- Good verbal and written communication
- Self-starter, well-organized and independently motivated.
- Upbeat, high-energy, enthusiastic and engaged.
- Works well with others and supports the team’s efforts to get the job done.
- Accepts and overcomes challenges.
- A current first aid certificate is an asset – 80 hr OFA or Wilderness FA preferred.
- Avalanche Safety Training (AST) level 1 or 2 is an asset
- Must have a passion for the outdoors. Willing to work outside for extended periods in all weather – both summer and winter.
- Strong commitment to service excellence and an outstanding guest experience.Start Date: Immediately or as soon as mutually convenient
Remuneration: Hourly Wage – To be determined based on the qualifications & experience of the successful applicant. Benefits package available after qualifying period.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Extended health care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Panorama, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- journeyman or red seal mechanical certification (preferred)
Work Location: One location