Job Posting: Equipment Operator – Snowcat and Mini-Excavator
Toby Creek Adventures is currently accepting applications for the position of Equipment Operator. The person we are looking for is a motivated self-starter who is able to prioritize tasks and requirements under sometimes demanding circumstances. He or she will be an experienced equipment operator with a proven track record and ability to efficiently and safely operate snowcats and excavators in mountain terrain while caring for and maintaining the machine.
- Summer: Mini-Excavator Operator. Mountain bike trail building including trail features and jumps.
- Winter: Snowcat Operator. Grooming, trail building and maintenance.
- Operate snowmobiles and ATV’s
- Ensure all operations meet industry safety standards and workplace safety regulations.
- Maintainance and assist mechanic with the repair of snowcats, mini-excavator, loader and other equipment.
- Ordering parts, submitting Purchase Orders (PO’s), receiving deliveries and recording items into and out of inventory.
- Provide support to guides, deliver machine replacements promptly on trail as needed and conduct machine recovery
- Maintain a clean, well-organized and safe workshop.
- Assist with building maintenance tasks and projects
Skills and Qualifications
- Previous bike trail and snow grooming experience required.
- Mechanically inclined. Understands machine systems and mechanical principles.
- ATV and/or snowmobile experience preferred.
- Familiar with Windows-based computer systems – able to use MS Word, Excel & Email preferred
- Good verbal and written communications
- Self-starter, well-organized and independently motivated.
- Upbeat, high-energy, enthusiastic and engaged.
- Works well with others and supports the team efforts to get the job done.
- Accepts and overcomes challenges.
- A current first aid certificate is an asset.
- Avalanche Safety Training (AST) level 1 or 2 is an asset
- Must have a passion for the outdoors. Willing to work outside for extended periods in all weather – both summer and winter.
- Strong commitment to service excellence and an outstanding guest experience.
Start Date: Immediately or as soon as mutually convenient
Remuneration: Hourly Wage – To be determined based on qualifications & experience of the successful applicant. Benefits package available after qualifying period.